Did someone say “BATH TIME?!”
Before your dog(s) starts running away from the tub sit them down and explain the benefits of taking a bath! Soothing for their joints, smelling fresh, preventing fleas and bugs, etc. Our friends over at Bonsai Kennels are known as the dog gurus! They have put together a step by step list for the ULTIMATE bath time ritual. Little did you know that items such as Epsom Salt, baking soda, tea tree oil, etc could be so good for your dog. Check out their bath time concoction below!
- Run hot water
- Add baking soda, mix until dissolved (helps to deodorize your pup and PH balance/soften water)
- Add Epson Salt, mix until dissolved (helps soothe aches, pains and heal minor scrapes and wounds)
- Add tea tree oil (helps as a natural astringent, healing infections and killing fungus)
- Add other essential oils to prevent fleas and bugs (eucalyptus, lemongrass, lavender, citronella, etc)
- Let the water cool to your desired temperature and then bathe your dog
- Use a mild shampoo (don’t use flea shampoo if your dog doesn’t have fleas, it dries out their skin and fur)
- Rinse with clean water
- Towel dry you pup(s) and enjoy your clean pet!
Let us know if you try out some or all of these techniques! We want to see your bath time photos using #FreshFrenchieBulldog
Smell ya later friendchie friends and thanks again @dakkydak for the information